Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, August 26, 2022

Talking, Tik-Tokking, Writing the "new Neighbours" - my writing week


This week I've been putting together a research schedule for the next trilogy of books that I'll be writing set in a northeast toffee factory around the first world war. I've also been working on PR for my new saga and drafting a short story to enter into the Comedy Women in Print short story award later this year. 



Last week included the launch of my new book out in hardback, audiobook and ebook. Since writing last week's Writing Week blog post, I received a beautiful bouquet from my publisher Headline on publication of my new saga, A Mother's Christmas Wish. 


I had a very productive meeting with Claire of Hype That PR to arrange local and regional publicity for the paperback release in November of my new Christmas saga set in 1923. It celebrates the Irish tradition of Nollaig na mBan, the Women's Christmas.  


There's still time to enter my competition to win a signed copy with chocs! Enter here.


I'm now taking bookings for a FREE walk around Ryhope showing the locations of my novels. It's part of this year's Heritage Open Days and all details are here of how to book.


Speaking of a tour around Ryhope, social media sensation NorthEastNostalgic posted a short video showing locations from my novels. You can watch it on Instagram and TikTok.


This week my audio drama Riverside, was featured in Total TV Guide with a double-page spread interview with ex-Neighbours star Lisa Armytage, who talks about playing Ruby in Riverside! 

See riversidethesoap.com for all details of how to download and listen to Riverside.



I had a short story called Go With Mo published in Best Magazine. Hugely proud of this one. For everyone, like me, who was ever bullied at school. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...