Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Sunday, September 23, 2007
Friday, September 07, 2007
I might just have to watch the movie now to see if it's as good as this other Almodóvar film, which I adored.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
So that just leaves one thing to do today and that's have a holiday haircut. I'm going to go in there and ask for a nice bob, hoping I'll come out looking something like this:
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
1. Walking through Russell Square park on my way to and from work.
2. My yoga class at ULU.
3. The huge Waterstone’s bookshop on Malet Street.
4. Grabbing a great big, decaff Fairtrade coffee on my way to work, from the University of London (ULU) student’s union.
5. Students, academics and university buildings.
6. Watching film crews set up as they use this beautiful area for features and TV. I once saw Batman filmed outside the University of London’s Senate House (pictured), a building made famous by George Orwell in 1984 as The Ministry of Truth.
And so it’s on to pastures new - and I have to admit that I’m very excited about the new job. It's the reason I've had to give up doing this although I can still do this. I'll let you draw your own Corrie conclusions.
Monday, September 03, 2007
I'm more excited than a grown-up should be about going on holiday soon. We're travelling between European countries on an overnight train and do you know what? I can't wait. I've got a vision in my head that it'll be all very Brief Encounter, black and white and romantic. I'll let you know when we come back if it turns out to be a) just like the deluded vision in my head or b) nothing like that at all.