Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, August 19, 2022

Release, research and Ryhope - my writing week


This week has been another major week! 

My Christmas saga, A Mother's Christmas Wish, was released in hardback and e-book. The paperback is out in November.  You can order it from here - bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish


You can enter my competition to win a signed copy of the new book with a box of chocolates too. Enter here.


Also this week, I've been putting together a research plan to research the trilogy of books I'm writing next. They're set in a toffee factory in the northeast (that no longer exists). While I haven't been doing any novel writing during August, I have been very busy planning my research for the new books and am really excited about it all, starting in September. It includes three days in Yorkshire too... but I'm not about to spoil any surprises here.  You can read more on my toffee factory girls trilogy here.


Also this week, I did a book signing in Sunderland Waterstones for my Scarborough-set cosy crime Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel. A fan / reader Beverly Ann Hopper even arrived with flowers for me. How lovely was that? It was a busy session at Waterstones chatting to customers and selling and signing books.



I worked with my local theatre, The Sunderland Empire, on a competition to promote an Elvis show later this year. 3 signed copies of my cosy crime starring 12 Elvis impersonators (Twelvis!) are up for grabs at the competition here.


I've also been on a recce around Ryhope with my friend and tour guide Paul Lanagan. This is in preparation for the guided walk as part of Heritage Open Days 2022. The walk around Ryhope shows the locations from my novels. It's on Saturday Sep 10th at 11am and you can find all details here. It's free.


The website Books4People created this lovely little video showcasing my books! You can find out more at their website 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...