Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 11, 2022

International Women's Day, Morpeth Book Fair, 99p offer... and cake! - my writing week

The wonderful Dr Noir, Jacky Collins interviewed author Annie Doyle and I for International Womens Day 2022 about our books set in the northeast starring strong women from years gone by. You can watch it now at YouTube.


Later this year, I have a Christmas novel being published by Headline.  It's called A Mother's Christmas Wish and you can find out all about it here. In the book there is an unusual theme of apple cake which runs through the story.  All the while I was writing the book, I could almost smell apple cakes baking in a coal-fired oven.  In fact, I became so entranced by the notion of making an apple cake that I’ve decided to include a recipe in the book. The recipe is a modern take on the apple cake featured in my book and it’s for 12 cup cakes.  They’re very easy to make and I can confirm, absolutely delicious!   You can find out more and see the recipe here.


It's not long to go until the Morpeth Book Fair where I'm giving a talk on the Sunday afternoon. Book your place now to be sure you don't miss out. I'll be talking about writing historical sagas and cosy crimes. Book here.


My bestselling saga The Paper Mill Girl, published by Headline, is only 99p for ebook during March. Buy it now at http://bit.ly/PaperMillGirl and I hope you really enjoy it!


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...