Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 17, 2021

Heading forward, Looking back, BBC Tees & Scarborough Library - my writing week


This week I've been making good progress writing my saga set in 1919. I'm now a third of the way through writing my first draft - a milestone to celebrate I feel!

My novels - audiobooks, paperbacks, hardbacks and large print - were borrowed from UK libraries a staggering 43,000 times between July 1 2020 and 30 June 2021 - a year in which libraries were closed for much of the time.  I think I'm going to have to lie down now.


I was interviewed on BBC Radio Tees by DJ Amy Oakden and we chatted about my cosy crime set in Scarborough, Murder at the Seaview Hotel. You can listen to my interview here, where I start talking at 3.23:15 here.


I've been invited to give a talk on my cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel, to Scarborough Library in January. Please come if you're in the area!  


I've also been invited to give a virtual talk by zoom about my cosy crime for Northumberland Libraries on January 31st. Please join me if you can. All details here.


I wrote my Top 20 highlights of 2021. Read them all here.


And I've got a lot to look forward to in 2022. Here's a teaser.


I'll be in the shop at the National Glass Centre, Sunderland on Saturday 18 December from 1-3 if you'd like a signed book.  Please wear a mask and respect social distancing. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...