Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, August 06, 2021

Book launch, TikTok, Shots Blog - my writing week



Well, this week is a BIG week for it's the week when my debut cosy crime is released. I might have had a drink or two. If you see a happier middle-aged woman this week, I'd be surprised.  If you'd like to read about what I got up to on publication day, it's all here.


I was all shook up to be included in the Crime Readers' Association newsletter for August 2021 which you can read on their website.


One lucky reader can win a competition to have their name included as a character in my second cosy crime book set in Scarborough! With thanks to the Scarborough News for featuring the story, read it all here.

To enter the competition, all you have to do is visit the Dog A.I.D. (Assistance in Disability) website and donate whatever you can afford. All entries will go into a hat and the winner will be chosen by one of my friend Lynn's assistance dogs. I grew up with Lynn and know how vital the assistance dogs are to her as she suffers from multiple disabilities. Not only does Lynn have two assistance dogs of her own but she also helps train other assistance dogs for disabled people.


Here I am with my friend Lynn and her dogs, all of them in their Dog A.I.D. working outfits.  Want to see the fun video for Tik-Tok that we made? It's available on other channels too and it's here.


I was interviewed by Shots Magazine crime blog about why I've gone from writing about life in a coal mining village to writing cosy crime. You can read it all here.


And my interview on Bookish Jottings blog about writing sagas and being all shook up in Scarborough can be read here.


Two competitions and two 99 pence offers in my August newsletter, just out! If you don't already subscribe to my monthly mailing list, you can sign up here  and read it online here   


Back to where it all started with my debut novel, Belle of the Back Streets.   Set in the northeast coalmining village of Ryhope in 1919 it stars a young woman determined to do all she can to feed her family, even if it means taking on her dad's rag and bone round, in some of the roughest parts of town. It's only 99p for the ebook during August. Download it now, it's here.


And I was invited to a meeting of a local book group who read my books and they held an afternoon tea, it was a truly  joyous event.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...