Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 23, 2021

Crime case files, Paper historians and Victoria Wood - my writing week


I'm very honoured this week to be featured, not once, but twice, in this month's Case Files - which is the newsletter for the Crime Readers' Association. My debut cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel is featured as it's published very soon, on August 5th, with Headline.


I'm also featured in an article called The Daily Grind where I chat about my writing desk, my writing routine and the snacks I like to eat as I write (cheese scones, crumpets).  You can read the latest edition of Case Files here.

I'm honoured to report that my novel The Paper Mill Girl has been reviewed by none other than the British Association of Paper Historians in their recent newsletter.  Researching my historical novels are my most favourite part of the whole process. I spend up to 6 weeks researching details of the era which make their way into my writing. It helps to give a flavour of authenticity, as much as I can, to my work.  I'm absolutely over the moon that my research has been recognised by such an esteemed group. And just as importantly, that they enjoyed reading it too.  You can read the review here.


A reminder that my competition is still running on my Facebook page to win one of my saga novels plus a bar of gorgeous Galaxy and free bookmarks. Three prizes to be won. Enter at the pinned post on my Facebook page at http://facebook.com/GlendaYoungAuthor - ends Saturday 24 July 2021 at 12 noon.

When I haven't been writing this week, I've been reading and this week I've lost myself in the authorised biography of Victoria Wood written by Jasper Rees. It's a wonderful read, the life story of a wonderful, talented woman and a heroine of mine.  


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young


Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...