Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 18, 2021

Bookshops, feathers, reviews and short stories - my writing week


This week I've made great progress writing my second cosy crime set in Scarborough at the Seaview Hotel. I'm almost finished writing the first draft. First of all I "get it down, then get it good" so it's still a bit rough around the edges, but I'll soon knock it into shape.

Also this week I sent out my monthly newsletter with details of not one, but two, 99p special offers! You can read it online here. And if you'd like to sign up to receive it in your inbox, you can do so here

It's fantastic to be back in bookshops!  This week I visited Sunderland Waterstones who are hugely supportive. They even have a table dedicated to all of my sagas set in Sunderland.


I have a short story published this week in The People's friend Special No. 210, in the shops now. The story is called A Face For Radio and it's really funny, about a radio DJ who thinks no-one will like him if they meet him in the flesh.


This week, the first reviews are coming in for my debut cosy crime, Murder at the Seaview Hotel.

"I loved this warm, humorous and involving whodunnit with its host of engaging characters and atmospheric Scarborough setting." 

...says crime writer Clare Chase in the first advance copy review. I couldn't be happier! Set in my favourite place, Scarborough in Yorkshire, the book stars 12 Elvis impersonators, Twelvis. When one of them is found dead with his blue suede shoes missing, hotel landlady Helen Dexter sets out to solve the crime.  Murder at the Seaview Hotel is available to pre-order at only 99p for a very limited time. 


Also this week.... the secret can now be revealed!  The paperback version of my 1919 saga THE MINER'S LASS is getting a brand new cover image for its October release - and it's even more gorgeous than the hardback.  

My saga The Paper Mill Girl made it into the top 10 of three separate Amazon charts this week. I'm over the moon! It's only 99p until the end of June. Download it here.


Elsewhere this week, the Roker United Book Club (Sewing for Sanity) are sending out boxes full of sewing and crafts goodies to their members. It's free to join and books and sewing materials and provided. It's not too late to join in, but you'll need to be quick if you want to join. They're creating designs based on my novel Pearl of Pit Lane.  To join in, email rokerlifeproject@gmail.com


When I wasn't writing, I was reading, and this week I've been enjoying Actress by Anne Enright.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline



Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...