Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

First advance reviews are in - and they're great!


The first reviews are starting to come in for my debut cosy crime, Murder at the Seaview Hotel.  These advance reviews are from reviewers at Netgalley, where my publisher Headline, has the book on offer in advance of the August publication date. 

If you are a book blogger or reviewer, you can request the book here.

The reviews have really put a smile on my face. 

Highlights from some of the reviews left so far include the following:

Amanda P says: This is much better than the traditional cosy mystery. It has great characters and good plotting. The star of this book is the sense of place. I have never been to Scarborough, but it’s now on my list of places I must visit. I hope this becomes a series

Vanessa R says: Newly widowed Helen is now the sole proprietor of the Seaview Hotel after the death of her husband. Unsure of whether to continue alone, she's alarmed by strong arm tactics trying to force her to sell the hotel to a mystery buyer. With a  big Elvis convention taking place in Scarborough, Helen finds herself playing host to twelve Elvises. And then a body is discovered.... A terrific tale 

Booklover Bev says: This book has everything with sharp, witty humour added at every opportunity,  I must admit I loved every chapter, getting to know all the characters its a fantastic start to a new series from this author it's definitely a book you cannot put down, a cosy cuddle up book, well done Glenda Young. I so look forward to more from Helen and Suki at the Seaview Hotel Sunny Scarborough. 

Murder at the Seaview Hotel  is out in ebook and hardback and audiobook on August 5th (paperback November 11th). It stars a group of 12 Elvis impersonators called Twelvis and when one of them is found dead with his blue suede shoes missing, B&B landlady Helen Dexter and her rescue greyhound Suki are on the case to solve the crime. 

_

Glenda Young
Author of Sagas & Cosy Crime novels, published by Headline



Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...