Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, November 28, 2020

Mermaids, Microsoft and Radio Tees - my writing week


It's been another busy week and I've made good headway writing my novel, of which I can't reveal details. I'm waiting for a big announcement to be made by my publisher Headline via The Bookseller magazine.  Until then, I have to keep quiet about what I'm working on and what else is in the pipeline. It's killing me holding all this good news inside, I'm bursting to tell. But until you see it here, I can't say. 


Another episode of my weekly soap opera, Riverside, was published in The People's Friend magazine. Regular readers will know that Riverside is the writing highlight of my week, I adore it as it's a lot of fun. In this week's episode, deli owner Mike comes face to face with his pop idol of the 1960s.


In other new this week, away from novels and soap opera, I made time to write a flash fiction piece called Finding my Feet, for @SeaSunderland. I even filmed myself reading it on Seaburn beach and you can watch it here, it's just over one  minute long.


I also appeared on the radio this week. With Coronation Street's 60th anniversary on December 9th, I was interviewed on BBC Tees about how the show changed my life and inspired me to become a writer. You can listen, if you'd like to, it's here.


And I'm running a competitin to win a copy of the audiobook from my novel The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon. You can enter to win at my Facebook page, it's the pinned post at the top of this page.


Finally this week, the least exciting thing happened, but it was also the most important. For weeks I've been troubled by an issue with Microsoft Word. Boring, I know, but please stay. The issue was such that I've had to contact Microsoft support who escalated the problem all the way up to an engineer. It's no easy fix, I've been told the issue is unique, but it means each time I try to write, I can't. While this is bad news and ongoing, it means I've been chatting by phone to Microsoft tech support all over the world, the Philippines and India this week. And each time we talk, conversation turns to coronavirus and how it's affecting us all. A sobering end to the week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...