Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Thursday, June 04, 2020

"A teller of tales; A writer who allows you to care"


This morning I woke up a message from a stranger. And, in the parlance of the day, it's giving me all the feels.

It's a message from a reader who enjoyed reading The Tuppenny Child, my second novel set in 1919 in a northeast pit village and published by Headline. 

The C word (Cookson) is mentioned again and, again, I felt nervous. Why? Find out here. 

The comparison to Maeve Binchy sits more easily with me and I can only hope that I write with as much warmth and compassion as she did, she was one of my favourite authors. Although I never claim - or try - to write like anyone else, it's absolutely fantastic that the reader saw a connection.

I'm made up.


__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...