Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Saturday, May 09, 2020

Why being compared to Catherine Cookson makes me nervous


A superb review for Pearl of Pit Lane in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph. Thank you!

Mind you, it always makes me nervous when a review mentions the 'C' word - Catherine Cookson. Big shoes to fill and I don't intend to try.

I've only ever read one Catherine Cookson book in my life too, so I know the comparison can't be because I'm trying to write like one of the highest selling authors in the world. It comes, I feel, from writing about a pit village in the northeast and staying true to the dialogue, using the word 'mam' and never 'mum' and simply telling it as it is.
__

Glenda Young
Author of historical novels with Headline
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...