Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, November 01, 2019

Two awards and publication - one helluva writing week

It's been a helluva week and it's not finished yet.



On Sunday 27th October I was one of six finalists in the Sunday for Sammy / Ian La Frenais Comedy Award 2019.  You can read more on that here and see all the pics.


On Tuesday 29th October I won third prize (regional) in the Sunderland Short Story Award 2019.



On Wednesday 30th October I had a short story - A Family Firm - published in The People's Friend magazine, along with another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside. While this week's Riverside had a Hallowe'en theme, the short story A Family Firm, was a fun story about a taxi firm in trouble.



And then on Wednesday 30th and Thursday 31st October I took a road trip and an overnight stay to Apsley where I visited Frogmore Paper Mill. It's the world's oldest mechanised paper mill and I was there to research my fifth novel The Paper Mill Girl.  You can read all about my visit to this wonderful place right here.


 __


Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...