Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Nailing my colours to the mast for Heritage Open Days


I've long been a fan of Heritage Open Days. It's the one time each year when buildings normally closed to the public are flung open and we can take a look inside. 

I've seen some wonderful things - been into the Mayor's parlour, on heritage bus rides, seen the normally hidden interiors of historic pubs. I even had a free and delicious lunch in a Sikh temple. 

There is a lot to do and see in Heritage Open Days and all the events are listed in a handy booklet and online - the website is here.

Well, this year I've been asked to deliver the welcome speech at the official Tyne and Wear Heritage Open Days launch!

It takes place at the Land of Oak and Iron Visitor Centre on September 10th at 6pm. All welcome, please come.

And remember to check out what's happening in your neck of the woods for Heritage Open Days.  

I'm even hosting two events of my own this year for the very first time!  Find out more here.

If you'd like to read my blog posts and see pictures of places I've visited on past Heritage Open Days, they're here:


__


Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...