Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 12, 2024

Women, Brownies and talking in the SAFC Director's lounge - my writing week


This week I gave a talk at Sunderland AFC Stadium of Light in the Director's Lounge, no less!  What an honour. It was part of their Coals to Goals project and I talked about my new book The Toffee Factory Girls. We had a raffle to win a free book and a box of chocolates and there were free toffees for all. It was a great day and I enjoyed it a lot.


I also gave a talk to a local WI group, which was very enjoyable indeed.

The Crack magazine listed my upcoming talk at The Word in South Shields. All are welcome and it's a talk about my book The Toffee Factory Girls.



I enjoyed a wonderful day at Beamish Museum, where I research all of my novels. The museum officially opened Ryhope's Grand Cinema which is on site now after being moved from Ryhope, where my novels are set.  It was an emotional day, especially when Ryhope Brownies presented me with my Local History badge for helping them research old Ryhope some weeks ago.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...