Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 19, 2024

Going global, staying local, and a fan letter arrives - my writing week


The ITALIAN version of my Scarborough cosy crime Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel, starring a troupe of am-dram actors, is out this week with a stunning new cover.


The Italian - and Spanish - versions of my Scarborough cosy crimes are being used by students of Languages for Fun in Whitby and Scarborough to help them learn a new language! All details here.




In Spain, the first cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel is now in the shops and has been reviewed thus: "As gripping as Agatha Christie and as funny as Murder, She Wrote, Glenda Young's The Strange Case of the Murder at the Seaview Hotel is coming to bookshops to delight the most intrepid readers!" Read the full review here.


I gave a talk this week at The Word in South Shields, all about my new book The Toffee Factory Girls. I really enjoyed it!


Also this week a fan letter arrived from a reader who enjoyed The Toffee Factory Girls so much that she wrote to me and included a toffee recipe too. How wonderful.


The Toffee Factory Girls
is just 99p for ebook this month at
bit.ly/ToffeeFactoryGirls


The competition closes at 5pm today - Friday 19 July. Enter now to win
a signed copy of The Toffee Factory Girls and a box of toffee with a toffee hammer - enter here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...