Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 07, 2024

Talks, Toffee, 'Perfect Saga' and Scarborough - my writing week


My author newsletter for June went out and includes a competition to win a luxury Harrods Hamper and a copy of The Toffee Factory Girls. Read it all online here.Read it all online here.



This week I did a book signing at Waterstones Sunderland for my new novel The Toffee Factory Girls. Thank you to everyone who came and bought a book!





The Toffee Factory Girls was given the BEST review in The People's Friend magazine this week where the reviewer called it 'saga writing at its most perfect'.  Can't say better than that!



I also did a book signing at Boyes Store in Chester-le-Street, the town where The Toffee Factory Girls is set. This was such a friendly, fun event and I loved every minute.


I also gave two library talks about my new novel The Toffee Factory Girls. These talks were at Chester-le-Street library and Birtley library - two towns where the book is set. 



I also did a book signing at the Crafty Gift Shop in Chester-le-Street, which was great, they are very supportive in there, especially as the town doesn't have a bookshop of its own. 


Today you'll find me in Scarborough where I'm speaking at Books by the Beach festival at 3pm today (Friday 7 June).  I've been invited to talk all about my Scarborough cosy crimes and I'm very excited. If you're there I hope you'll come and say hello!


I was interviewed by The Yorkshire Times who have a competition to win a set of my Scarborough cosy crimes. Read the interview here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...