Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 24, 2024

Book launch, Bouquets and Brownies - my writing week


This week my novel The Toffee Factory Girls was published in paperback and it's been a flurry of activity and excitement.   

I did a book signing at Featherbed Books in Houghton-le-Spring on release day.

There's a great article and a competition to win signed copies in The Sunderland Echo.Read all about it here.
I spoke to Ryhope Brownies about local history, as the Brownies are studying for their history badge.  This was a great event, especially as I used to be a Ryhope Brownie myself when I was a little girl. The Brownies meet in Ryhope Community Centre, the same building where Ryhope Heritage group meets, in the same room. A lovely reminder that life goes on, history and the future meet.  I was presented with this gorgeous bouquet, from a Brownie who was my great-niece. Think I've got something in my eye, now.


I gave a very well attended library talk at Pelton Library all about The Toffee Factory Girls.


I was invited to give the opening, welcome speech at Sunderland History Fair with the Mayor of Sunderland.





And I'm involved in the Sunderland Heritage fortnight with events too!


I had a short story published in My Weekly magazine. It's called The Toffee Factory and is PREQUEL to my novel The Toffee Factory Girls, bonus content that's not available in the book. 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...