Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, March 22, 2024

Busy Bridlington, Short Story and Taking the Plunge - my writing week


This week has been very busy.  I've been to the Yorkshire seaside town of Bridlington where I was invited to speak at SpringFest in Bridlington library on a crime panel with author Kate Evans, chaired by author Nick Quantrill. Here I am at Bridlington library on the crime panel and under this pic are more details of their wonderful Springfest Festival of Words.







Whilst in Bridlington, I signed books for the gorgeous Book Nook bookshop in the Old Town and met some readers too, always wonderful!






I also had a short story published in The Sunday Post's P.S. Magazine.



And this week I finished writing up my chapter plans for my next cosy crime set in Scarborough. It's always a scary moment to begin a new book, like taking the plunge from a high diving board and not knowing if you'll sink or swim. I'll begin writing next week once the busy-ness of this week has calmed from my mind.


My new saga The Toffee Factory Girls was included in New Writing North's spring bookshelf of Northern books.


And gave a talk to a WI group about my books, which went down really well. Such a lovely group and the WI are always friendly and welcoming, supportive too.


Also this week I was announced as part of the line-up for this year's Scarborough book festival - Books by the Beach. Join me for a slice of Jean's homemade cake and a Scarborough Sunrise cocktail (as featured in Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel).  I'll be at the Crescent Hotel!  All details here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.

I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...