Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 09, 2024

Waterstones Window, Re-engaging and Belgium - my writing week


This week I received this happy picture! It's Belgian journalist Dirk Musschoot who is involved with Birtley heritage society, who helped enormously researching the Belgian village of Elisabethville in Birtley, and he kindly allowed me to use his name in my book The Toffee Factory Girls. 


This week I was overjoyed to see my Scarborough cosy crime Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel in the window at Sunderland Waterstones, my local bookshop!  And not only was it in the window but...


... inside Waterstones they had lots of copies of the book (all signed now) with this wonderful sign.


My competition is still live to win a signed hardback copy of The Toffee Factory Girls with a box of Toffifee! Enter now at https://flamingnora.blogspot.com/2024/01/competition-time-enter-to-win-signed.html


Also this week I was announced as one of the speakers at this year's East Riding Festival of Words. It's held in Bridlington Library on Saturday 16 March 2024 at 10.30am. My session is 'Coastal Crime', a panel talk on my Seaview Hotel cosy crimes, set in Scarborough. I'll be with crime author Kate Evans, chaired by writer Nick Quantrill. Book your ticket here


And I'm overjoyed to announce that my novels have been chosen by Alfa Travel to be sold in their hotels nationwide with £1.50 per purchase going to Re-engage Charity. Read all about it here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...