Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 16, 2024

Book launch, first talk, libraries and R&R in Scarborough - my writing week


Well, it's a big week this week with the launch of THE TOFFEE FACTORY GIRLS in hardback, audiobook and ebook / Kindle. (The paperback is coming in May).  Got your copy yet? Order it now at bit.ly/ToffeeFactoryGirls or ask your local library to order it for you.


The first review is IN and it's a whopping 5 stars from Booklover Bev who has been with me right from the start of my writing life. 



This week I visited my happy place of Scarborough for a few days R&R. While there, I called into Scarborough Waterstones where they have a table specially for my cosy crimes set in the town. I signed all of their stock so if you're after a signed book, they've got them!



Also this week I gave my first talk of the year. It was a last-minute request to cover a speaker who cancelled for Ryhope Heritage Society (of which I'm a member).  It was a pleasure to give the talk which went down well by all and to share my love of researching the history and heritage of Ryhope for my historical novels.


My Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel was featured in Durham Libraries Yorkshire books display, which made me very proud.


And I visited one of my favourite buildings in the UK, The Word in South Shields. It's a library - and much more. I was there for a heritage and history talk and was overjoyed to see my books on the library shelves - including large print copies too.



I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...