Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 05, 2024

Women's Christmas, 99p offer, Sunderland Echo and more - my writing week


This week I've been hard at work making edits to the first draft of Secrets of The Toffee Factory Girls.  It's a long, painstaking process over a couple of months. It's a lot more than correcting spelling and grammar. It's about making sure the story is robust. Even when I think I'm finished editing and send it to the publisher, I'm very lucky to be published by one of the country's biggest publishing companies who then allot me a professional editor. She takes the work and suggests changes were necessary and offers advice to make the work as strong as it can be.

My novel The Sixpenny Orphan is on a special 99p deal for January. Order it here.


Happy New Year to you all.  I kicked off the new year with my January author newsletter which contains a new competition and a 99p offer. Read it online here.


I was featured in The Sunderland Echo with the student who has been awarded the creative writing bursary I set up with Sunderland University. You can read it all here.

Saturday Jan 6 is Nollaig na mBan the Irish tradition of The Women's Christmas, celebrated in my novels The Tuppenny Child & A Mother's Christmas Wish. You can read the books standalone or http://bit.ly/TheTuppennyChild first then http://bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website:
GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...