Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 19, 2024

Reading groups, banners and a major change - writing week


This week I've been working on the third (and final?) draft of my  novel Secrets of The Toffee Factory Girls. It's the second in the trilogy of books which will go off to my publisher in the coming weeks.  I worked in the library at Sunderland University where I read, and re-read my work and edited it in silence, bliss!

Next door to the University library is National Glass Centre. My novels are in the shop, which has been moved upstairs along with the cafe.


Also this week, my novels are being read by the book club at a care home in Sunderland, which makes me really proud. I plan to visit the book club in the coming weeks to chat to them all.


My new banner arrived for the talks I'll be giving about my new book, The Toffee Factory Girls.


On a professional note, I am represented by the Caroline Sheldon Literary Agency. Caroline has changed my life. It is because of Caroline I am now a writer, a novelist, living my life-long dream. After 40 years in the business, Caroline has sold her agency to RCW literary agency who now represent me (with Caroline). and you can read the full story here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...