Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 15, 2023

Tea with the Mayor, Fun in the funicular - my writing week


This has been a whopper of a week.

First off I went to Scarborough for the book launch of my new cosy crime set there, Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel.  

I called into Scarborough Waterstones to sign a mountain of books, which was wonderful!


My book was prominently on display in their window too.


Here I am in the shop with my books.


And there's the very book in question! Got your copy yet? 


Whilst in Scarborough I was invited to have tea with the Mayor Scarborough. I mean... how good is that? What a smashing bloke he was and he even posted this on his Facebook page.


Then came the official book launch, held at the Central Tramway funicular in Scarborough. It poured down all day but that didn't deter Scarborough cosy crime fans and we sold a lot of books.


Here are the books on display at the funicular.


And here I am at the funicular station!


The following day I was invited into Mrs Lofthouse's Book Emporium in Scarborough for a book signing of, gulp, 100 of my books!


Oh, and then Scarborough Waterstones posted this picture including my book, of their bestsellers this week.  I am over the moon.


Back home from Scarborough, I did a book signing at Sunderland Waterstones as part of their Christmas shopping nights.




And I've also been busy with events this week too.  I attended Sunderland College's first ever Christmas Fayre where I was selling my books and signing them for people. 


I gave a talk at the gorgeous 17nineteen in Sunderland about writing historical fiction in old Ryhope.


Tomorrow (Saturday 16th December) I'll be at Featherbed Books in Houghton le Spring from 12-1 so please come along, it's your last chance to get a signed book.



I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...