Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 22, 2023

My final author events of the year - my writing week


This week I've been making strong progress in writing the second of the trilogy in the Toffee Factory Girls series.  I aim to finish the first draft by January and then the difficult process of editing begins.

Along with Sunderland University student Grace-Mae, I was featured by Sunderland University in a story about the creative writing award I've sponsored this year. You can read the full article here.



Also this week I carried out the last of my author engagements for 2023. And what a wonderful way to finish! I was at Featherbed Books in Houghton-le-Spring. They're an indie bookshop, family run, with lots of heart and great books.


Scarborough TV News came last weekend to my book launch for Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel. They recorded a very short interview with me speaking to Colin Powell and his son. Colin is the Manager at the Central Tramway in Scarborough, which features in a pivotal scene in my book.

You can watch the full video here (it's only 2 minutes long)


News of the book launch made its way to The Sheffield Star and The Scarborough News.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...