Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 27, 2023

Skeletons and Scarborough - my writing week



This week I've been writing more of the first draft of book 2 in the Toffee Factory Girls trilogy. I'm making good progress with it and am due to be finished the first draft at the end of January 2024.

In between writing, I had a few days' holiday to Scarborough where I stayed at the Headlands Hotel, who are big fans of the books.  It's a beautiful hotel and I highly recommend it, their website is https://theheadlandshotel.co.uk/ and here I am in their reception area (I'm the one in the pink).


This week there was a smashing article in The Journal newspaper about Weardale Wordfest, which takes place on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October in Stanhope, County Durham. I'm giving a talk on Saturday at 1.30pm, all welcome and it's free. All details here.


While in Scarborough I popped into Waterstones there and signed a huge pile of books of my Scarborough cosy crimes. Thank you booksellers, for all of your support!


And I was overjoyed to see my Scarborough cosy crime Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel in the window at Scarborough Waterstones too. What a joy!


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...