Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 20, 2023

Meeting, greeting, and a shout out from Lauren Laverne - my writing week


This week I gave the inaugural talk at Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival. What an honour that was. Thank you to everyone who came.




I also met the recipient of the Glenda Young Award for Creative Writing at the University of Sunderland.  No pictures here as it was a private meeting but I'm extremely proud of being able to sponsor a student this way.

I had a short story called Belles of the Ball, about a woman's football team, published in The People's Friend Special this week.


And my novel A Mother's Christmas Wish is only 99p this month at http://bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish


Lauren Laverne at BBC 6 Music radio station gave me a shout out on The People's Pinboard on Monday 16 October, it was about my author talk at Sunderland libraries literature festival. What a joy.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...