Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 13, 2023

A fresh start - my writing week


This week my new cosy crime Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel was listed in The Bookseller magazine as one to watch at the Frankfurt Book fair this year. What an honour.


It was a big week for me as I began writing the second in the trilogy of The Toffee Factory Girls.

My books were spotted for sale in the beautiful gift shop at the National Glass Centre, Sunderland.


I had a short story published this week in The People's Friend magazine. It was a fun story about Friday 13th being lucky for one woman, and I was featured on the cover too.


The Italian version of my Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel was featured in an article in The Scarborough News. Read it all online here.


Also this week I signed copies of my new cosy crime in Waterstones Sunderland. 


And I gave an author talk at Yarm Library in Stockton-on-Tees, which I really enjoyed. Thank you everyone who came along!


Here I am with Mel from Drake the Bookshop who was on hand to sell books at the talk.


My talk at next week's Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival made it to the Sunderland Council website, where library staff were holding aloft some of the books from authors at this year's festival. This included my Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel.  


The literature festival was also mentioned in The Sunderland Echo, where I'm listed as one of the highlights. Gulp!

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...