Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 28, 2023

Silence, short stories and getting my teeth stuck into toffee again - my writing week


This week I gave an author talk to a book club at my local council, in our brand new city hall. Not only that, but the book club are now reading my Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel.


Popped into Sunderland Waterstones to sign more books on 'my' table with my sagas and cosy crimes. Always wonderful... always!  They are SO supportive and I can't thank them enough.



Been gathering my thoughts and planning the second in the trilogy of The Toffee Factory Girls. Used the library at Sunderland University to do this, a perfect, silent place.


Very proud and honoured to announce that I have a short story in The People's Friend Annual 2024. It's a Christmas story and it's called The Empty Chair. It's a story about a family who take in a Polish student for six months and soon learn he's become part of the family. I hope you really enjoy it.  You can order the annual here.


I had a stall to sign and sell my books at the 17nineteen Play Fair last weekend. It was a wonderful day and despite the rain, lots of people came and bought books. Thank you, everyone!




Honoured to be included in Headline's publishing highlights for July to December this year with my Scarborough cosy crime featuring crazy golfers!


You can now enter July's competition to win a signed book. Enter here and good luck!


A reminder that The Sixpenny Orphan is only 99p this month at bit.ly/TheSixpennyOrphan


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...