Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 23, 2023

Putting the fun into funicular - my writing week


This week I've been in Scarborough, which was part-holiday and part work.  I'd planned to spend a weekend there with family then was asked by Scarborough Library to give a talk on my cosy crimes as part of National Crime Reading Month.  Thank you to everyone who came, it was great!





While in Scarborough, I visited the Central Tramway funicular where my cosy crimes are on sale at the top station.


And I was absolutely stunned and overjoyed to find my name inside the funicular car with the books for sale too. What a joy!  


My books are also for sale in the beautiful Lilly's Treasures gift shop, just a short walk from the funicular.




This week I was also given a wonderful mention on Twitter by Kevin Maguire, associate editor of The Mirror. He is an associate professor at Sunderland University, where I'm offering a new Creative Writing Student a £2,000 scholarship.  Read the full tweet here.


While in Scarborough this week I have been hunting out the locations used for my book covers!  Here's the cover to cosy crime 1 - Murder at the Seaview Hotel bit.ly/MurderAtTheSeaviewHotel
Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel bit.ly/CurtainCallAtTheSeaviewHotel

Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel bit.ly/FoulPlayAtTheSeaviewHotel


During June, for just 99p! My Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel https://bit.ly/MurderAtTheSeaviewHotel and historical saga The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon  https://bit.ly/GirlWithTheScarletRibbon


June Competition: Enter to win one of my historical novels at http://dlvr.it/SqWKmf


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Riverside and your books, of which I have some signed copies. Am reading Murder at the Seaview Hotel at the moment. Thanks Glenda for all you do. X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...