Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 09, 2023

New Award, Newsletter, New Zealand - my writing week


It's been a cracker of a week!  Let me start by showing you a picture from my stall at 17nineteen in Sunderland where I gave a talk at the Georgian Fayre then sold and signed my books. It was a wonderful event and I met some amazing people. Thank you to everyone who came.


The latest edition of my author newsletter went out. Would you like to receive the next one? Sign up at my website glendayoungbooks.com


Great news all the way from New Zealand where my new saga The Sixpenny Orphan was in their top 10 most borrowed books this week. What a surprise! Now, there's a library talk I wouldn't mind doing.


And thanks to Yorkshire's Topic UK magazine for this fantastic double-page spread on me and my cosy crime books set in Scarborough.  You can read it all online here and I'm on pages 82 and 83.


If you know a young person applying to Sunderland University  to study Creative Writing this year, and they're from Sunderland and the first in their family to attend University, please encourage them to apply for this. It's the Glenda Young Creative Writing Award, with the University of Sunderland.   All details here

The news was picked up in the Sunderland Echo and Sunderland Business Partnership.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...