Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 30, 2023

Longlists, long legs and library talks


Some rather wonderful news this week which I can expand on next week a little. I've been longlisted for a prestigious short story award. 

My Creative Writing Award with the University of Sunderland was given a wonderful mention in Living North magazine. You can read it all here.


Also this week I had a short story published in the Daily Express' Saturday magazine and there was a lovely mention of my new novel The Sixpenny Orphan.


I gave an author talk at Durham Clayport Library and the feedback was fabulous. The library wrote to me to tell me that "one lady said it was the best author talk she had ever attended."  Now, that's wonderful to hear!


I called into Sunderland Waterstones to sign a fresh batch of my books, so they're all signed now!



Large print versions of my books are available and this week I received my free copies from the publisher. These I donate to two local community libraries - Back on the Map in Hendon, Sunderland and Fulwell Community Library in Sunderland.


I had a short story published in the Sunday People's We Love Sunday magazine and there was a lovely mention of my new novel The Sixpenny Orphan. 




And catching up on myself, an event from last week. I gave an author talk on my Scarborough cosy crimes at Scarborough library. What a wonderful, fun event it was too. I'm in the black blouse and orange trousers on my long legs, next to Heather French the librarian, who is great.


And a first for me - I attended the community market at Tesco Extra in Sunderland. It's arranged by Events2GoGo, the first time I've done one of these and it went really well. Met some lovely people and sold a lot of books.


During June, for just 99p! My Scarborough cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel https://bit.ly/MurderAtTheSeaviewHotel and historical saga The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon  https://bit.ly/GirlWithTheScarletRibbon


June Competition: Enter to win one of my historical novels at http://dlvr.it/SqWKmf


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...