Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, May 05, 2023

Meeting and greeting during May, Local History Month - my writing week


May is Local History Month and I started my events at WHEATLEY HILL HERITAGE CENTRE and chatted to some amazing people. If you haven't been to the heritage centre before, please go, it's amazing.

It was an honour to be included in Headline Publishing's Highlights July to December 23 with my Scarborough crazy golf cosy crime Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel published later this year, see http://bit.ly/FoulPlayAtTheSeaviewHotel 


I am over the moon to have The Sixpenny Orphan featured in this month's Sunderland Antiquarian Society newsletter, which has arrived in the homes of thousands of members today. If you'd like a copy of my new novel it's at http://bit.ly/TheSixpennyOrphan 


I'm at Waterstones Sunderland from 12-2 on Saturday 6 May (yes, Coronation day... whoops! talk about a diary clash).  Please come and say hello.


The Sunderland Echo have a competition for you to win signed copies of my book and one lucky winner also wins a Rington's biscuit hamper. All details here.


Wrexham Carnival of Words was announced as a 'resounding success' as attention turns to next year. 'A cosier approach in the Agatha Christie tradition was provided by Glenda Young.'  I'm going to dine out on those words forever.  Read the article here.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...