Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, April 21, 2023

Goody bags, Talks and Living North magazine - my writing week


This week I received two huge boxes of the paperback version of my new novel The Sixpenny Orphan. It's out in paperback on May 11 but I've received my copies early, in time for the book launch at Ryhope Community Centre on Tuesday 9 May at 1.30pm. All welcome.  Buy it here.


Called into Waterstones Sunderland to sign stock of my books!



On Wednesday 19th April I was invited by the Friends of Washington Old Hall to speak at their beautiful, historic building.

And received this wonderful comment when I returned.


I packed 160 goody bags for members of the Womens Institute spring meeting where I've been invited to speak this weekend. What an honour. Nervous? A bit! Excited? A lot!  I'm spending the whole day with the WI at their invitation, too.


I was included in Living North's magazine about local crime writers to watch.


And here's news of an event a local, independent bookshop Featherbed Books at Houghton-le-Spring, which I'm doing on Wednesday May 10. All welcome. 
On Friday 21st April I was invited to give another talk at the Coals to Goals project in Sunderland. This talk was held in the press lounge at Sunderland football club, what a treat.


Next week I'll be speaking at the Wrexham Carnival of Words on Tuesday 25 April at Wrexham library. All welcome. 

Treat yourself to The Miner's Lass. A gritty, dramatic saga that was inspired by three words on a 1919 map of old Ryhope... "The Blood Pit" where bare knuckle fighting took place.  Just 99p during April at http://bit.ly/TheMinersLass 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...