Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, February 24, 2023

Bookshops, Libraries ... and almost at the end - my writing week



This week I've been racing to the finishing post, writing the first in the trilogy of The Toffee Factory Girls. It's almost done, I'll be finished my first draft next week but there's still a very long way to go editing it and knocking it into shape.

I gave a talk at Bedlington library in Northumberland. I love doing library talks and this one was wonderful, thank you to everyone who came.  Thank you to everyone at Northumberland Libraries for making me so welcome.




I also visited Featherbed Books in Houghton-le-Spring, a gorgeous little independent bookshop. I signed some copies of The Sixpenny Orphan and while I was there, a woman who'd bought one of the books and had ordered it in advance, came to collect her book. She was as overjoyed as I was to meet in person!




I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...