Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 13, 2023

In my happy place - my writing week


This week I'm in my happy place of Scarborough, but I'm not here on holiday, I'm here to work.  It's been a very busy work and it's not over yet.  So let's have a look at what I've been up to.

First of all, let's take a minute to appreciate the beauty of my saga book covers, all together as one. Stunning.


And take a moment too to remember the Irish tradition of Nollaig na mBan, the Woman's Christmas. My novel A Mother's Christmas Wish celebrates this amazing tradition. It takes place on January 6 each year and it was my Dublin friend Emma Hynes who told me about it. I was so captured by it that I knew I had to write about it.


Elsewhere this week, I'm chuffed to report that my cosy crime novel Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel has been nominated by my publisher Headline in the Last Laugh award for best humourus crime novel in this year's CrimeFest!  All the nominations are here.



Speaking of my cosy crime novels set in Scarborough, I called into Scarborough Waterstones to sign a mountain of books (thank you!).




I also donated one of each of my Scarborough cosy crimes to the new little library inside the Stephen Joseph Theatre, one of my favourite places.


And I was interviewed by Scarborough's Coast and County radio chatting about the cosy crime books set in their town.

I also did a book signing at Mrs Lofthouse's Book Emporium in Scarborough, a proper old fashioned book shop which you can get lost in. 


And I chatted to the Scarborough News newspaper about my third cosy crime novel coming out later this year.  You can read the interview online here.



I've got a new competition - you can win one of my sagas plus a box of Thornton's Classic Chocolates Enter here


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__
 __

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...