Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 06, 2023

History in the making, going meta - my writing week


This week I've taken myself away from the room in my house where I usually write. For one day per week until I've finished the first draft of my current novel - The Toffee Factory Girls - I'm writing in the historic River Wear Commissioners' Office in Sunderland. (It's not as expensive as you might think to hire an office by the day!).  I've included this building in many of my past novels, so to be here writing is quite amazing. A bit meta, and odd, but great!


This week my novel The Paper Mill Girl has gone on 99p offer for Kindle at Amazon. It'll last until the end of January and you can buy it cheap at bit.ly/PaperMillGirl


I can finally reveal the cover of my new saga The Sixpenny Orphan. The book is about two orphan sisters who are torn apart by tragic events. Years later they reunite, but their lives have drastically changed. It's a cracking read! Out in ebook, hardback and audiobook on February 16 2023 and in paperback on May 11. Pre-order now at bit.ly/TheSixpennyOrphan


There's a strong community of creative people, of all kinds, in Sunderland. One of these is Jay Sykes and he's brought together other creatives to talk about their hopes and dreams for 2023. I'm really chuffed that Jay invited me to be part of this.  You can hear all of the creatives interviewed on his website here and my part begins at 17 mins and 54 seconds.


My novel A Mother's Christmas Wish was featured in Woman's Own magazine this week!


Also this week my January author newsletter went out with details of competitions and special offers. You can read it online here.



I've got a new competition - you can win one of my sagas plus a box of Thornton's Classic Chocolates Enter here


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all your books Glenda and can't tell you enough how I adore Riverside. Congratulations on A Mothers Christmas Wish being featured in Women's Own. Keep on doing what you do for all us fans. God Bless x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...