Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, January 20, 2023

Halfway there, Halifax and Warm Spaces - my writing week


This week I've been carrying on writing my novel The Toffee Factory Girls and am almost at the half way point of the first draft. There's still a very long way to go.


I was featured in the Sheffield Star newspaper about my research into the history of women making toffee. You can read the full article here.


The story also was featured in The Halifax Courier newspaper. You can read it here.


I was invited to give the monthly talk to Sunderland Antiquarian society. The title was "Writing Historical Novels set in Old Ryhope."  It was my biggest audience yet, a hall full of people interested in the heritage and history of Sunderland. I sold a lot of books and the reception was amazing.  Thank you to everyone who came.


I received new bookmarks, printed by local firm Print2GoGo.


Each time an author's books are taken out on loan from a library, we receive a small payment through the British Library's Public Lending Rights. This year's statement arrived this week and I can't thank my readers enough. 


I'd like to say a huge thank you to local Warm Spaces who have been buying my books for the people who turn up to use their warm spaces.  Thank you to Pallion Action Group in Sunderland, Eastlea Community Centre in Seaham and Chance Charity in Sunderland. I hope your users really enjoy my books.

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...