Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, December 30, 2022

Wishing and hoping and writing and thinking - my writing week


This week included Christmas and it's been magical and quiet, the perfect combination to rest my busy mind.  Afterwards, with time to relax, I began writing my first book in The Toffee Factory Girls trilogy. It's going great, and I'm 18,000 words in so far. Just another 77,000 to go. Gulp.  I'm loving that this time I'm writing from the perspective of three different girls, instead of my usual single heroine. It's a fast paced storyline with lots of twists and turns, set in a northeast toffee factory at the outbreak of world war 1. 

Wonderful news from Sunderland Waterstones this week. They've sold out of my Christmas book A Mother's Christmas Wish (thank you!) and now readers are returning to buy my other novels including cosy crimes. My special table has been restocked! Thank you Waterstones Sunderland for all your support.



In other news, I'm looking for a safe place to write in Sunderland city centre, just one full day each week. I need peaceful working space where I can leave my laptop and belongings when I take a break from writing in the middle of the day to take a walk and get some fresh air. Can you help? Any suggestions? Please get in touch via my website.

I've got a new competition - you can win one of my sagas plus a box of Thornton's Classic Chocolates Enter here


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera 
Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...