Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, November 04, 2022

Toffee, talks, fayres and museums - my writing week


Two months of toffee factory research are now done and written up. Am now about to enter the wonderful (but tricky) stage of starting to plan the first of three novels in my trilogy The Toffee Factory Girls. Wish me luck, I'm going in!  


For all those asking if there'll be more Scarborough cosy crimes... this week I worked on the difficult but necessary structural edits which help make a book stronger, sharper, cleaner and better.  


I was honoured this week when author E. D. Thompson wrote an article for Writing.ie magazine in which she mentions me a lot.  Her article is a love letter to writing short fiction for women's magazines. Well worth a read and it's here.


This week I screamed with joy when I saw the ad for Newcastle Noir in The Crack magazine. I feel like a naughty child who's creeped in to sit with the adults at the table. What a joy!  Book your tickets now.


Also this week I gave a talk at The Word in South Shields, one of my favourite buildings in the northeast. The talk was about my new novel A Mother's Christmas WishIt was a great evening and another chance to sign books and sell them using my little SUMUP machine, which I'm slowly getting used to!




This week my new novel A Mother's Christmas Wish was featured in The Sunderland Echo with a competition to win a signed copy. Top prize also wins a chocoholics gift box from Rington's!  All details here.

I'll be supporting Museum Shop Sunday once again this year, which is on Sunday 27 November. I'll be in the museum shop at National Glass Centre Sunderland (time tbc) to sign books including my new novel A Mother's Christmas Wish. Come along, it'll be a great day and there's a Christmas craft fair on too!
Elsewhere this week, my my new novel A Mother's Christmas Wish  and The Tuppenny Child began a 99p promotion for the ebook which will last for the whole of November. 



And my cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel is on a 99c promotion for Amazon ebook in the US. Buy it here.


This week I sent out my author newsletter for November. It has special offers, news and events and you can read it online here.


Next week is the official book launch for my new novel A Mother's Christmas Wish All welcome, please come and details are in the image below. 


And finally, a reminder that I'll be selling and signing books at Saint Paul's church Christmas Fayre on Saturday 5 November 2022. All money will be going to Saint Paul's church by way of thanks for all the help that Rev. Chadwick gives me in researching my books. See you there!

I'm delighted to say I am now offering GIFT VOUCHERS which can be exchanged for any of my sagas or cosy crimes.  Perfect Christmas presents! All details at bit.ly/GlendaYoungGiftVoucher


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...