Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 07, 2022

Wonderbirds, Thunderbirds and the Blaydon Races - my writing week


Catch me on the amazing Wonderbirds show talkign to Dee Anderson, Harriet Thorpe and Debbie Arnold, three women I am in awe of. I chatted about how being a Coronation Street and soaps fan fuelled my writing passion to being a bestselling novelist. Watch it on YouTube here.


My author newsletter for October went out this week. Includes a competition to win a free book and chocolate! Read it online here.


1719 Holy Trinity Church is now an amazing events space in Sunderland. They're hosting a fantastic event and their autumn fayre on Saturday 15 October. At 10am I'll be on a panel of local writers talking about what makes historic fiction set in Sunderland so special. Please join me, it's free and I'll be selling my books after the talk. All details here.


I was interviewed in Pen to Print's Write On! Magazine about my writing life and inspiration plus the advice I'd give to new writers. Read it all here.


I'm beside myself with happiness to announce that I've been invited to speak about my Scarborough cosy crimes on a panel at the prestigious Newcastle Noir fest in December 2022. Keep your eyes on their website here.


I picked up a copy of the Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival 2022 brochure and sat reading it with a coffee in town. Might have to give up the luxury of coffees in town soon, though. The prices are soaring.   I planned which authors I'd like to see at this year's festival.


And please come, if you're free, to my session on Tuesday 18th October at 11am in Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens.


I gave a talk this week to Blaydon Library, which was wonderful. I really enjoyed it, so friendly and informal.


If you're free, please come! Saint Paul's church on Saturday 5 November at 11am. I'll be signinig and selling my books at the Christmas Fayre with all proceeds going to Saint Paul's church. The vicar, Rev. Chadwick, has helped me with research for all of my Ryhope books.


I'm delighted to say I am now offering GIFT VOUCHERS which can be exchanged for any of my sagas or cosy crimes.  Perfect Christmas presents! All details at bit.ly/GlendaYoungGiftVoucher


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...