Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, October 21, 2022

Santa Claus comes early, Sunderland's first library - my writing week


I attended an absolutely fantastic event at 17Nineteen in Sunderland. Talking to readers about my novels makes everything worthwhile, it validates the difficult and often lonely hours sat writing at home. Thank you everyone for coming and thank you to novelist Adrienne Hunter too. The event was held in the 17nineteen church in the East End of Sunderland, and the room we spoke in was Sunderland's first ever library and reading room.


Santa Claus came early this year, with the delivery of a box of paperback books of my new saga. 


Buy A Mother's Christmas Wish paperback book in bookshops and supermarkets (later this autumn) and you can win £200 off your Christmas shop!  What a fantastic competition, thanks to Headline Fiction.


A few weeks ago I gave a library talk at Blaydon Library under their "Reading for Wellbeing" banner. This week I received this wonderful message from the organisers. Messages like this make my work all worthwhile.


This week I gave a talk at Sunderland Libraries Literature Festival, which went down great and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


I spent a day researching my next trilogy of novels in the University of Sunderland library.  As an alumni member of Sunderland University, I'm allowed free access, which is great.


I'm delighted to say I am now offering GIFT VOUCHERS which can be exchanged for any of my sagas or cosy crimes.  Perfect Christmas presents! All details at bit.ly/GlendaYoungGiftVoucher


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...