Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, September 23, 2022

Talks, Toffee, Belgians and Mermaids - my writing week


This week has been a very exciting and interesting one and I've woken up each morning raring to get stuck into my work.  I've been researching for my next trilogy of novels and there's a lot of work to do but more on that later in this blog post.

Elsewhere this week, I'm on a panel of writers at 1719 Church's autumn fayre in October. You can read all about that here in an article in The Sunderland Echo.


I had a short story called Angie and the Mermaid published in Best magazine.


In the Greyhound Trust newsletter, I was featured where I explained why I'd chosen a rescue greyhound to include in my cosy crimes set in Scarborough. Here I am below in the purple anorak, with Angie and her greyhounds who I researched before writing the book.


And the cosy crime is on offer at Elvis Porthcawl festival this weekend where my flyers are in the Grand Pavilion. 


And so to research. This week I was in Chester-le-Street researching the town's toffee-making past, with the local heritage society. This pub, while the name isn't original, is a nod to the town's past as the toffee factory was owned by G. W. Horner.


I also researched at Sunderland Antiquarian Society, where I'm a member.


A reminder that I'll be at Jarrow library next week for a talk about my books and writing. It's part of the WRITE FESTIVAL so I hope to see you there. All details here and places must be booked.


More research and this time it was in Birtley where I was given a guided walk around the village of Elisabethville where a Belgian community lived. It was fascinating.


A reminder that I'm giving a talk to Blaydon library in October as part of Gateshead Live events.  All details here and places must be booked in advance.



Delighted to say I am now offering GIFT VOUCHERS which can be exchanged for any of my sagas or cosy crimes.  Perfect Christmas presents! All details at bit.ly/GlendaYoungGiftVoucher


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!


__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...