Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 08, 2022

Writing retreat in Scarborough, Waterstones, Durham Gala, WRITE Festival and more - my writing week


This has been a very special week. I've been on a writing retreat in my happy place of Scarborough. It's where the novel that I'm writing - Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel - is set, my new cosy crime. I needed head space, quiet and peace to make good progress with writing and so took myself off to a beautiful apartment in Scarborough where I wrote, and wrote and wrote. It was hard not to be distracted by the beautiful view from the dining room where I wrote each day by the patio doors.


While there, I called in to Waterstone's Scarborough to sign my books and I even stickered them too!  It's moments like these I've been waiting for all of my life!






I've been shortlisted for Dead Good Books reader award in the category of New Kid on the Block for my cosy crime novels. Up against Richard Osman and Val McDermid! To win, I need your vote, please, at https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/dead-good-reader-awards-2022 - thank you very much indeed. Winners are announced at the Harrogate Crime Festival on July 22nd, 2022.

My author newsletter for July went out! Includes a 99p / 99c cosy crime offer, a new video, a  saga title reveal, a book locations walking tour and a whole lot more! You can read it all here.


Events for this year's WRITE Festival have been announced and I'm honoured to be part of it. Come along to ask me anything about my books and my weekly soap opera Riverside, published in The People's Friend magazine since 2016. I'll be at Jarrow Library on Wednesday 28 September at 2pm. Booking is essential. Book here.


If you're at Durham Miners' Gala this Saturday (and why wouldn't you be? It's the best day of the year!) be sure to support them by buying a brochure. Page 72 looks good! Yes, it's an advert for my novel The Miner's Lass set during the 1921 miners' strike.



I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...