Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Scarborough - a moment in time

You find me blogging this from my happy place of Scarborough on the Yorkshire coast. I'd like to share something special that happened yesterday, purely by chance.

I'd gone for morning coffee at the beautiful EatMe cafe Sitwell at Woodend art gallery.
It's a stunning place. While there, excited people began to arrive in the cafe, asking each other "Have you come for Martin's event?"

I thought I'd turned up for coffee in the middle of a private event and asked if I should leave. I was told no, please stay. Curious, I asked who Martin was and what was going on.

Martin Dove, it turns out, is a regular contributor to one of the hugely popular Scarborough groups on Facebook where he posts entries from his teenage diaries from the 60s and 70s. I've seen these, they're moving and revealing and can break your heart.

Anyway, Martin had arranged to meet some of his fans to chat to them about his diaries. When he turned up I met him and told him I was also a fan of his Facebook posts. It was really very special.

Martin had printed off some stories from his life and handed them to everyone who'd turned up. Mine were entitled 'Rose' and 'Bike' and are in the envelopes pictured above.

I went into Eatme Cafe Sitwell for morning coffee... but I came out enriched in all kinds of ways.

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...