Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 15, 2022

Competition, Comedy and Crime - writing week


This week I finished writing the first draft of cosy crime number three, Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel. It's a lot of fun and I've loved every minute of writing it. There's a long way to go before it's ready to send to the publisher, though.  


I've also been reviewing edits received from the copy-editor, to my saga The Sixpenny Orphan, which is released in 2023. These are the final edits to this book, fingers crossed!


I'm now working on an idea for a short story to submit the Comedy Women in Print prize 2022. The deadline is October so there's a long time to think about the plot and to ensure I have it right, before I start writing. 

To celebrate the launch of the paperback version of my second cosy crime set in Scarborough, Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel, I've teamed up with my local paper, the Sunderland Echo for a great competition. You can win an overnight stay at the beautiful Paragon Hotel in Scarborough plus dinner for two at the fantastic EatMe cafe inside the gorgeous Stephen Joseph Theatre. And there's two tickets to a new, fun production of Brief Encounter at the theatre too. You'll also win a signed copy of my book and four runners up will also win a signed copy of the book. Good luck! Enter here


I've been shortlisted for Dead Good Books reader award in the category of New Kid on the Block for my cosy crime novels. Up against Richard Osman and Val McDermid! To win, I need your vote, please, at https://www.deadgoodbooks.co.uk/dead-good-reader-awards-2022 - thank you very much indeed. Winners are announced at the Harrogate Crime Festival on July 22nd, 2022.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...