Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, July 22, 2022

A wonderful, peculiar time - my writing week


This week I've been working steadily through edits of my third cosy crime set in Scarborough - Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel.  It'll be a few weeks before I send it to the publisher. Slow and steady for now, taking it easy, being careful with my edits to make sure the story makes sense. 

But it hasn't all been work and no play! I had a few days' holiday to Scarborough where I was delighted to spot my cosy crime novels not in just one window at Scarborough Waterstones book shop, but two!



My new Scarborough cosy crime novel CURTAIN CALL AT THE SEAVIEW HOTEL was featured in The Scarborough News,  Harrogate Advertiser, York Press, Yorkshire Evening Post, Northumberland Gazette, South Shields Gazette and Yahoo News!  It's out in paperback on Thursday August 4th.


My books arrived from the publisher, which is ALWAYS A JOY!


And I'm running a competition for you to win a signed copy. Enter to win here.


I had a fun short story published in The Sunday Post's PS magazine.


And you find me today enroute to Harrogate, to the Theakstons Crime Festival 2022. I've been shortlisted, one of six, in the Dead Good Books readers' award in their New Kid on the Block category. It's for a new crime series. I'm up against the likes of Richard Osman and Val McDermid so I have no hope of winning but to be shortlisted, wow, that really makes me happy and to know it's because of my readers makes it very special indeed. Thank you to everyone who voted.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...