Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 24, 2022

Summer fayre, libraries and the Belly Telly - my writing week

This week I've been continuing to write my third cosy crime novel set in Scarborough - Foul Play at the Seaview Hotel. I'm over half way through writing my first draft, although there's still a way to go.


Bedale Community Library in Yorkshire sent me this picture of my novels on their shelves - how wonderful is that!


Also this week, Saint Paul's church fayre took place in Ryhope. I always donate a box of books to the fayre, but this time the vicar asked if I would attend to sign books and meet people too. I was happy to oblige and had a wonderful day, with all profits going to the church. The vicar, Rev. Chadwick, has always been helpful with my research for my Ryhope novels.


I was given a wonderful mention in this article on cosy crimes in the Belfast Telegrah by author E D Thompson, as part of National Crime Reading Month 


While in Sunderland city centre this week, I called into Waterstones (in The Bridges shopping centre) and signed all of my cosy crimes and sagas they had on display. Also stuck "signed by author" stickers on them!





I gave a talk to Whitburn community library about my cosy crimes and sagas. It was well attended and the library volunteers are so helpful and friendly. I loved it!




I recorded a short video about my upcoming saga, A Mother's Christmas Wish. You can watch it here.


My cosy crime Murder at the Seaview Hotel was given a lovely review on Instagram from Maddies Reads, which mad my day.


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...