Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 03, 2022

Crime reading Month, audio teaser, wonderful Waterstones & 99p offer - my writing week



June is National Crime Reading Month and I'm delighted to be a part of it with a talk on my cosy crimes on June 20th. You can find out more here.

Waterstones in Scarborough and in Sunderland have excelled themselves this week, I'm in awe at how much they support my books. Here's Waterstones Scarborough with both my paperback cosy crime and the new one in hardback, along with an invitation to the book launch on August 6.


And my book is proving one of the bestsellers in Waterstones Scarborough too!


And here is Sunderland Waterstones, where Murder at the Seaview Hotel was book of the month for May 2022 and wrapped in a gorgeous ribbon.


And here's the stunning display of my two cosy crimes in Sunderland Waterstones too. Honestly, it made me cry.


Here is an audio teaser of Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel, read by Colleen Prendergast.


The book also received a 5* review from crime readers' website The Mystery People. You can read it all here.



There's an open invitation to the book launch, being held in Scarborough on August 6th. I've written a blog post for the South Cliff Gardens in Scarborough, which you can read here.


My Scarborough-set cosy crime, Curtain Call at the Seaview Hotel, is featured in Bookshop.org's top list of Cosy Crimes for Summer. Woohoo!  See the list at https://uk.bookshop.org/lists/top-cosy-crime-for-summer


My wonderful saga The Girl with the Scarlet Ribbon is only 99p on Kindle during June. Download it now at  https://bit.ly/GirlWithTheScarletRibbon


Also this week, I gave a talk to Chester-le-Street heritage society on writing historical fiction set in old Ryhope. Asked the group if anyone knew Ryhope. Two hands shot up in the air... they'd visited Ryhope on a self-guided tour after reading my books. I'm hearing this more often and it's just the most incredible thing to know my books inspire people in these ways. I'm just me, sitting at home making things up for a living and it's changing people's lives in tiny little ways and now I'm probably going to cry (again).


And finally, my monthly newsletter was sent to all those on my email list. You can read it online here. Would you like to join the list too? Sign up here, for free!

I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!
__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...