Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Discover my Cosy Crimes & Historical Sagas

Friday, June 17, 2022

Catherine Cookson, Tinder, Libraries and more - my writing week


Always an honour to work in the Catherine Cookson room at The Word (National Centre for the Written Word) in South Shields. I was invited to present a session on writing short stories for magazines. Although I was very nervous about my first "teaching session", I prepared a lot in advance, it went really well and I received excellent feedback. Phew!


Christmas came early to our house this week. My new banner arrived, for talks about my next Ryhope saga set in 1923. It's out in ebook, hardback, audiobook in August, paperback in November. It's my favourite book of them all. Pre-order now at bit.ly/AMothersChristmasWish


This week I also gave a talk about my books to Ryhope Heritage Society at Ryhope community centre. An amazing afternoon. Quote of the day! "My wife loves your books. She's read them all on Tinder."


Join me on Monday 20th June at 7pm in Sunderland for a talk on my cosy crimes set in Scarborough! Part of National Crime Reading Month and all details are here


Received this wonderful review this week too!  Just going to sit and look at this all day. By all day, I mean forever. 

The Globe Community Library in Stokesley, Yorkshire, sent me this wonderful picture of my books on display there. And they've got invitations to my book launch in Scarborough too! Would YOU like to come? All details here.


If you're visiting Beamish Museum this summer, look out for my historical novel Pearl of Pit Lane being left for you find and take home, courtesy of Book Fairies North East.


If you're looking for Father's Day gifts, you can't go wrong with a saga novel and here's why! https://flamingnora.blogspot.com/2019/10/will-men-enjoy-reading-my-novels-clue.html 


I crafted another episode of my weekly soap opera Riverside for The People's Friend magazine. I've been writing Riverside weekly since 2016 and you can find out all about it here.


I also kept the Coronation Street Blog ticking over with news and editing the team of 16 bloggers. 


See you next week!

__

Glenda Young

Twitter: @Flaming_Nora

Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor

Website: GlendaYoungBooks.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...